Tennessee Code Annotated
Title 4: State Government
Chapter 24: Firefighting Training and Standards
Part 1: Commission on Firefighting Personnel Standards and Education
TCA 4-24-107: Powers.
The commission may:
(1) Meet at such times and places in the state as may be needed, upon call of the chair or upon the request of five (5) members;
(2) Contract with other agencies, public or private, or persons as it finds necessary for cooperation with city, county, state and federal agencies for training programs;
(3) Make reasonable rules and regulations for the implementation of objectives established in this part;
(4) Employ a director for the purpose of full implementation of this chapter;
(5) Prepare a standard examination to test the levels of training and education of applicants for certification and establish a passing grade therefor;
(6) Develop standards and programs for the administration and distribution of the educational incentive to eligible firefighters pursuant to part 2 of this chapter; and
(7) Certify individuals who are not currently firefighters but who complete a commission approved recruit training program.
History: Acts 1974, ch. 726, § 7; 1976, ch. 706, § 3; 1979, ch. 258, § 4; T.C.A., § 4-2407; Acts 1988, ch. 1003, § 2; 2004, ch. 427, § 4; 2008, ch. 781, § 1; 2012, ch. 986, § 42.