Tennessee Code Annotated
Title 41: Correctional Institutions and Inmates
Chapter 7: Tennessee Corrections Institute
TCA 41-7-105: Board of control.
(a) The correctional services programs of the institute shall be under the direction of the board of control of the institute. The board of control shall consist of seven (7) members:
(1) The governor or the governor's designee;
(2) The commissioner of correction or the commissioner's designee;
(3) The chair of the department of criminal justice of an institution of higher education in Tennessee, who shall be appointed by the governor;
(4) Two (2) sheriffs, who shall be appointed by the governor. One (1) shall be from a county with a population of two hundred thousand (200,000) or more and one (1) shall be from a county with a population of less than two hundred thousand
(5) A county mayor, who shall be appointed by the governor; and
(6) A chief of police or a county commissioner, who shall be appointed by the governor.
(b) The initial term of members of the board shall be three (3) years, beginning on October 1, 2012. Successors shall be appointed for terms of four (4) years. Members shall continue to serve until their successors are appointed. If a vacancy occurs,
the governor shall appoint a successor for the unexpired term.
(c) All reimbursement for travel expenses shall be in accordance with the comprehensive travel regulations promulgated by the department of finance and administration and approved by the attorney general and reporter.
History: Acts 1974, ch. 733, § 4; 1976, ch. 806, § 1(34); T.C.A., § 41-2105; Acts 2012, ch. 986, § 10.