Tennessee Code Annotated
Title 56: Insurance
Chapter 52: Tennessee Charitable Gift Annuity Act of 2008
TCA 56-52-106: Annual report.
(a) A charitable organization authorized under this chapter shall annually file a report verified by at least two (2) principal officers with the commissioner covering the preceding fiscal year. The report is due ninety (90) days after the close of
the charity's fiscal year or at a later date approved by the commissioner. Alternatively, in lieu of a verified report, a charitable organization may submit an audited report within one hundred fifty (150) days after the close of the charity's fiscal
year or at a later date approved by the commissioner.
(b) The report shall be in a form prescribed by the commissioner and shall include:
(1) A financial statement of the organization, including its balance sheet and receipts and disbursements for the preceding year;
(2) Any material changes in the information;
(3) The number of gift annuity contracts issued during the year, the number of gift annuity contracts as of the end of the year and the number of gift annuity contracts that terminated during the year;
(4) The amount of annuity payments made during the year and the amounts transferred from the charitable gift annuity separate account to the general account during the year; and
(5) Other information relating to the performance of the charitable gift annuities and charitable gift annuity separate account of the charitable organization necessary to enable the commissioner to:
(A) Issue certificates of authority;
(B) Ascertain maintenance of records;
(C) Evaluate solvency;
(D) Respond to consumer complaints; and
(E) Conduct hearings to determine compliance with this chapter.
(c) A copy of a report, containing the information required under subsection (b), that has been filed in the state of domicile of the charitable organization, or in any other state in which the charitable organization must file a report containing
substantially the same information required by this chapter will be deemed to satisfy the requirements of this section. The commissioner shall have the authority to request additional information.
History: Acts 2008, ch. 831, §§ 1, 7; 2012, ch. 743, § 3.