Tennessee Code Annotated
Title 62: Professions, Businesses and Trades
Chapter 3: Barbers
TCA 62-3-121: Ground for refusal, suspension or revocation of certificate.
The board may either refuse to issue or renew or may suspend or revoke any certificate of registration for any one (1) or combination of the following causes:
(1) Conviction of a felony shown by a certified copy of the record of the court of conviction, if the felony conviction occurred within three (3) years prior to the board's consideration to suspend, revoke, or refuse to issue or renew the
certificate of registration;
(2) Gross malpractice or gross incompetency;
(3) Continued practice by a person knowingly having an infectious or contagious disease;
(4) Advertising by means of knowingly false or deceptive statements;
(5) Habitual drunkenness or habitual addiction to the use of morphine, cocaine or other habit-forming drug;
(6) Immoral or unprofessional conduct; or
(7) A violation of this chapter or any rules adopted under this chapter.
History: Acts 1929, ch. 118, § 14; Code 1932, § 7130; modified; Acts 1979, ch. 379, § 5; T.C.A. (orig. ed.), § 62-322; Acts 1982, ch. 870, §§ 7, 8; 1986, ch. 921, § 16; 2015, ch. 333, § 1.