Tennessee Code Annotated
Title 63: Professions of the Healing Arts
Chapter 30: Reflexology Practitioners Registration Act of 2001
TCA 63-30-111: Revocation or suspension of registration -- Civil penalties -- Complaints.
(a) The registration of a certified reflexologist may be revoked or suspended by the division or the division may impose a civil penalty upon a finding that the person is guilty of any one (1) or more of the following:
(1) The practitioner is guilty of gross health care liability or incompetence;
(2) The practitioner's mental or physical health endangers public health or safety;
(3) The practitioner is guilty of false or deceptive advertising;
(4) The practitioner engages in unprofessional conduct;
(5) The practitioner falsifies any requirements for registration as set forth;
(6) The practitioner is convicted of a felony;
(7) The practitioner is subject to disciplinary action in another state; or
(8) The unauthorized practice of reflexology.
(b) Any person may file with the department of health's office of investigations a written complaint against a registered reflexologist for any violation of this chapter.
(c) Complaints alleging violations of the provisions of this chapter, or the provisions of any rule duly promulgated pursuant to SC 63-30-112, shall be filed with the division, and shall be resolved by the division in accordance with the provisions of
this chapter and the Uniform Administrative Procedures Act, compiled in title 4, chapter 5. A file shall be maintained on each such complaint filed with the division and shall reflect all activities taken by the division in response to such
History: Acts 2001, ch. 389, SC 12; 2012, ch. 798, SC 50.